A few months ago, when I was in the middle of a PCS and in the throes of moving chaos, I shared the concept of “friendating.”
Things have settled down now and I’ve received some great suggestions from fellow milspouses and Call Dibs users across the world. I’ve put together a list of top 6 tips for making your way through the meanderings of making new friends! We’ve been doing it since Kindergarten, right? So we should be experts, right? I actually find it to be quite the opposite, so reading others’ experiences and gathering an arsenal of resources can really help!
- Friendating as a Military Spouse
- The Ever-Changing Life of a Military Wife: Military Friends
- Friendships in the Military – Finding New Friends After PCS Relocation
- Make New Friends, But Keep the Old
- Army Wives Club: Meet Other Army Spouses/SOs
- Not So New Normal: Only For a Season
Keep the ideas and suggestions coming! I’ll continue to update and share more resources as they come.